What are problems?
Problems are situations that keep you from achieving your desired outcomes.
- It could be you wanting to achieve financial freedom, but don’t know how.
- It could be you wanting to start an online business, but don’t know where to start.
- It could be you wanting to meet your monthly sales target, but the proposal was not accepted.
- It could be you wanting not to raise your voice at your kids, but find yourself not able to control yourself.
You could see these situations as problems.
However, the word problem brings about a negative connotation. Because whenever I view a situation as a problem, I go “sigh, I have to deal with this.”
What about you?
How do you feel when you have to deal with a problem? Do you feel excited about it?
I doubt it.
So what do we do?
Let us look at my original definition: problems are situations that keep you from achieving your desired outcomes. When you re-examine that definition, you should see situations not as problems, but reframe it as an opportunity.
And that reframing had not only changed my perspective, but it also transformed my life!
View problems as opportunities
- I am paid to solve problems
- The better I become at solving problems, the better I get paid
- If I can only solve simple problems then all my earnings will just be mediocre
- So if I want to paid more, than I must either solve bigger problems or create higher quality solutions
- If I am always looking out for problems, then in any situation, no matter how good or bad it is, I will always find problems
- Instead, when faced with any situation, I should be looking out for what’s already working and then find a way to make it even better
- That way, the solutions that I create will not only enable me to achieve my desired outcomes, but I will also enjoy the process of creating the solution more
- Simply because I am highly engaged when creating the solutions
You must train yourself to shape your perception and see every situation as an opportunity so that your responses to that perception will be projected in a way that is not only elegant but also effective.
And when you are able to replicate that over and over again, success will truly be yours!