For those of us who are ambitious, sometimes we certainly bite off more than we can chew.
And that can create anxieties – the feeling of nervousness or worry about an uncertain outcome.
What causes anxieties
There are three factors that create anxieties for me.
- Time: Lack of time is one key factor for me. Usually, that happens when I have so much to do and I don’t have enough time to finish them all.
- Skill: Lack of skill is another factor. For instance, I’ve been wanting to install a bot for Facebook Messenger without much success.
- Clarity: Lack of clarity will cause me to stare at my work and not knowing what to do next.
How I deal with anxieties
I’ve learned to cope with anxieties in three ways.
- Write: Writing helps me clarify my thoughts and allow me to put in writing what I have in my mind. Oftentimes, when I start writing, I’d realize that those concerns or worries or fears are not as big as I thought they would be.
- Give: Something good happens when you give. I now work against the flow. When I am in fear, I give. The more I give, the better I feel.
- Vlog: I use the camera as a therapist. I speak to it. Just like writing, thoughts tend to disentangle themselves through my lips and pencil tips.
How do you cope with anxieties?